Thursday, June 27, 2013

AIKO Plasma Display FP-PL-4281L (TV)

No image! Just sound. What is happening? My 42" TV is quite old (about eight years old) but I like it.
When this occurred, I suspected that the problem was in the power of the display.
After reading some internet texts about repair of Plasma Displays, I was sure that this was the problem.
You can find at internet many foruns about How to Fix a Plasma Display.
Based on those foruns, my analysis indicated that probably would be a problem in the voltage regulator of the power circuit of the display. I will tell you how I fixed my old Plasma Display TV.

If you have not been trained to handle circuits of TVs and high voltage circuits, do not try to repair any TV. Do not open the chassis of any TV. These circuits have high voltages. They are not safety. They are lethal.

I removed all screws to open the chassi.
Under the left rail that stands the TV in vertical position, I saw the Ysus circuit board. Then the left rail was removed. The screws of the tray that stands the tunning, control and audio circuit boards were removed to get more clear space to handle the Ysus circuit.
The voltage regulator of the Ysus circuit board (left board) is under the biggest heatsink. The part number of this voltage regulator is: STK795-811a. A image of a new one obtained at a vendor web site:
Two screws lock the voltage regulator in the heatsink. Firstly it is necessary remove the voltagem regulator from the Ysus circuit board. This step is much more boring than remove the various screws up to now! An effective solder sucker tool is necessary.

After replace the voltage regulator of Ysus circuit board and reassembling all parts and screws, I got back the excellent image of my old Plasma Display TV. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment