Monday, August 5, 2013

Tube Amp measurements

I have took some measurements at the output of my 16LS Tube Amp. I have excited the tube amp with an audio generator (sine wave).
Figure below shows a frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz obtained with a purely resistive load of 8 ohms. The knobs (bass and treble) of the TL Tone Control were putted at the maximum positions.
I have observed distortions at low frequencies (from 20Hz to 50Hz). Figures below show sine waves responses at 20Hz and 50Hz. These measurements were obtained in a Tektronix Type 422 Oscilloscope. A very nice classic scope!


At higher frequencies, I haven't noticed any distortion. Figures below show sine waves responses at 20 kHz and 80 Hz.

 I have double checked the component installation and up to now I haven't identified what is wrong to explain that distortion at low frequencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment